Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Make it STOP!

So as most of you know this is the worst winter yet since I have lived here and the worst in a long time according to the news! So I know last winter we got hit but if I recall it wasn't this much in one shot and it didn't keep coming like it is this year! I like snow don't get me wrong but it is more like a love/hate relationship! I love to look at it and let the kids play in it especially since Cooper likes to have snowball fights! But I hate to drive in it and especially hate the way others drive in it like it isn't icy under all the snow! I was grateful to see lots of plows and tractors out this morning on my route around town removing snow and also plowing the corners of intersections so we can see better!!
Well I am bummed because we don't get to go to Connell today, Christmas Eve, because of the 8 inches of snow we are supposed to get and I think those of you in the Columbia Basin are expecting more snow also! We will see if we make it to Pinehurst on Christmas Day, the pass might be too bad...I must say I am impressed at how well our city, Hayden, is doing at snow removal but Coeur d'Alene on the other hand needs some work...I did feel a little more secure driving around in the Mazda until I realized I lost one of my chains off my front passenger side and have no idea where it is! I realized this one morning picking up my papers! Wish me luck finding some more! Right now I am grateful for the invention of the snowblower!
Ryan and I want to say sorry for not sending out Christmas cards this year...We are just slackers! We hope next year to be more on top of things! But we want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and safe travels for you and your families!

4 comments:

Ann Sorensen said...

We had a great Christmas too. Is Chloe feeling better? You will probably get a invite to the babyshower this week. It is friday jan 9th at 6:30pm.

evelyn said...

Mr. E's wife, Sandy, died Friday, 2 January 2009. He taught math at CHS.

Backwoods Browns said...

This has been a crazy year for snow!! I have to agree, Hayden is doing pretty good at the snow removal, but I feel bad for those of you who do paper routes and are driving in it before they get to it! It's so crazy! I am glad it will rain! Hopefully melt things down to the pavement at least!! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Crazy Corinne said...

Hey Carrie! My thoughts too!! Where did the year go???? Crazy! Did you get your ladybug?? I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year!